- 300 grams of skinned medium sized shrimp, please defrost it if it is frozen
- 1 tsp of white finely grounded pepper (Szechuan preferred)
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ tsp chilli powder (optional)
- 1-3 teaspoons seeded and minced serrano chile, to taste. You can also use onion sprouts, it will also add flavor to the dish.
- Put the butter in a pan in medium heat and toss the shrimps coated with cornstarch, mixing and shaking the pan constantly until the shrimp is cooked and pink in color.
- Put the pepper and salt, mix continuously in medium heat
- Put the garlic and chilli powder
- Continue mixing for about 2-3 minutes until well done and until the shrimp is infused with flavor
- Put the minced serrano chile before serving it in a dish..Enjoy!
Try this simple pepper and garlic shrimp recipe on days when you are just too lazy to cook but craving for a delicious home cooked shrimp dish! We often eat this with warm rice and dip the garlic shrimp in venigar with chili! Yummy,I just had garlic shrimp this afternoon but I am so craving for it now.
You may also be interested on these