I was so busy and I have not been able to post lately. But now I decided to give my blog some love it deserves and post a recipe you will surely adore — Stir fry sweet and spicy chicken! When it comes to food flavor mishmash, the combination of sweet and chili is always on top of my list.
There are countless of sweet and spicy chicken recipes out there but I am going to share with you my take on this easy to prepare delectable recipe.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Ingredients
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp venigar
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into medium size cubes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 8 medium size green chillis
- 1 pc medium size onion, sliced
- 2 tsp sugar
- 5 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- cilantro leaves sliced
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Cooking Procedures
- First of all, we need to marinate the chicken. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, venigar and cornstarch. Make sure that you evenly coated the chicken meat and then set aside for about 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the chicken stock, the ketchup, chili garlic sauce and the sugar. Mix it well. Set aside.
- Put a wok under high heat and add the oil. Stir fry the garlic, onions, chillis and cook until it is fragrant.
- Add the chicken marinade and the bell pepper. Cook the chicken until it is no longer pink, stirring and swirling constantly. This would take for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture of ketchup, chili garlic and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle the cilantro leaves.
- You can serve this over a bowl of steamed rice. Enjoy!
There are other variations on preparing sweet and spicy chicken recipes, maybe you can share your ideas? Leave me a comment, it will really put a smile on my face.
You may also be interested on these