I am going to share today one of my favorite easy to prepare pasta recipe, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. The name of the recipe may sound a bit fancy and something that you can only order in a posh Italian restaurant, but believe it or not, you can prepare this dish in your own kitchen in a flash. In this pasta recipe, I will be using the flat pasta noodles called ” fettuccine”. It is basically a dish tossed with butter and cheese. In my research, I have learned that the dish got its name from Alfredo Di Leilo, an Italian restaurant owner who first served the pasta dish to his customers in 1914. Talk about ancient! Well, over the ages, a number of versions and adaptations has been served. Personally, I like my Fettuccine Alfredo dish served with chicken strips, mushrooms and broccoli.
- 500 grams of uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 cup of boneless, chicken meat, shred into pieces
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced and sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of brocolli florets, sliced into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken stock/broth
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 small can of evaporated milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder and dried basil as garnishing (optional)
- Cook the fettuccine pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken pieces and onion in butter until the chicken meat is cooked. Add the garlic afterwards and cook for a minute longer.
- Add the broccoli and the mushroom and chicken broth and bring to boil.
- Add the milk, grated parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese, stirring constantly.
- Blend and continue stirring on low heat until the mixture becomes creamy and less grainy.
- Mix the fettuccine pasta and sprinkle with garlic powder and dried basil leaves.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Try this wonderfully easy recipe and you will never regret it, tell me how your dish turned up.
You may also be interested on these