Canned tuna alone is boring and usually not the main attraction in a meal. But you can do a make over in so many ways to make it stand out. Canned tuna can be made into sandwiches or even a pasta sauce. I decided to post this tuna salad recipe I had this morning. This canned tuna salad recipe is fast and very easy to prepare when you are on the go. Who needs mayonnaise to have a perfect salad? In this canned tuna recipe I substituted vinegar and lemon as salad dressing, and it is mouth watering!
- 1 can of tuna in oil, drain the oil before preparation
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- about 1 cup of chopped lettuce
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp of green lime juice
- ½ red onion, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups fresh curly parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
- 1 medium sized tomato cut into small pieces
- Place vinegar and the lemon juice in a large salad bowl.
- Add ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Slowly add the oil whisking to emulsify.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl, and toss well to combine.
I am definitely going to make this again tomorrow. Canned tuna is always my favorite go to recipe when I want something fast and delectable. Try this canned tuna salad dish and tell me how you like it!